Thursday, January 26, 2017

IndieView with Roland Simigla, author of Dracula, The Werewolf

I came up with the idea. You can’t read anything about Dracula being a werewolf, everything came from my brain.

Roland Simigla – 26 January 2017

The Back Flap

People knew wrong! People misunderstood him! III. Vlad, or as many people recognise, Count Dracula has never been a vampire! He has always been a werewolf. Why? Find out in this horrifying, hearthbreaking novel.

The year is 1956. A young writer, called Roland Hunter embarks on a journey with his friends to find out the truth, and to unravel the mysteries behind a man, who have died three hundred years before, III. Vlad Tepes, the lord of transylvania. The story begins, when Roland’s best friend Richard finds a dusty, old article in his mailbox, The guys show their boss this masterpiece, and he orders them, to take his son Alex, and his daughter Fiona with them, and embark on the journey to Transylvania, to write a best selling story about the truth. As soon as they arrive into their destination, to a village called Bran village, the horror begins.

About the book

When did you start writing the book?

We have started writing it almost two months ago. (2016.10.16)

How long did it take you to write it?

We have finished writing it, in November 24, so almost two months.

Where did you get the idea from?

I came up with the idea. You can’t read anything about Dracula being a werewolf, everything came from my brain.

Were there any parts of the book where you struggled?

Not really… Sometimes I lost my motivation of writing it, but I stood up, and followed my dreams.

What came easily?

The character names for sure… Richard, Alex, Mark, and so on, they are my good friends, so I have included their names in the book. I can say that the whole thing went easily, people say I am a creative person, so I simply used my creativity, and boom! I have finished writing the manuscript.

Are your characters entirely fictitious or have you borrowed from real world people you know?

There are some characters, like Fiona, John who are fictitious, but almost every single character is from the real word.

We all know how important it is for writers to read. Are there any particular authors that have influenced how you write and, if so, how have they influenced you?

People say, I am not like the rest. I haven’t read much books, just the ones I had to in school, and some Leslie L. Lawrence books, he is my favorite author of all time, I simply love his books, but after all, I haven’t read 10+ books.

Do you have a target reader?

Yes! Everyone. Every person who likes horror books, or drama, or any heartbreaking moments, he or she is my target.

About Writing

Do you have a writing process? If so can you please describe it?

Yes, I have one. Every day, from 18:00 to 23:00 I write the manuscript of books. Before that I am really busy person, and this is the only time I have left. First, I gather information, intel you can say, and after I have all the knowledge, I simply start writing the manuscript.

Do you outline? If so, do you do so extensively or just chapter headings and a couple of sentences?

Well, I have only outlined one time, when I had to write the ending of the book.

Do you edit as you go or wait until you’ve finished?

I edit as I go. That’s because, if I don’t correct my mistakes when I make them, I might just forget about them, or when I read the book, to correct these mistakes, I might just slip over them, and that would get me negative reviews and so on.

Did you hire a professional editor?

Nope, Not a single one.

Do you listen to music while you write? If yes, what gets the fingers tapping?

Yes! When I started writing it, my girlfriend just dropped me, so I have listened to kind of sad, motivating music, and it really filled me with determination, I just simply started to spread the words. And this got into the process. When I start writing, I turn on these motivation songs.

About Publishing

Did you submit your work to Agents?

Nope, well, at least not yet.

What made you decide to go Indie, whether self-publishing or with an indie publisher? Was it a particular event or a gradual process?

Well, I like doing things alone, or with a small team. With a lower membership, you have more teamwork between yourselves. That’s my point. When I used to be a game developer, first I did it alone, and it was too hard for me. Then I found myself two people, and we became a team. We had everything in common, so much teamwork between us, but we decided to go with book writing instead of game development.

Did you get your book cover professionally done or did you do it yourself?

I did it myself! In Gimp 2. I used to edit a lot of photos earlier, and I kind of got used to it.

Do you have a marketing plan for the book or are you just winging it?

I should have one. Maybe I have it either. It’s to make a popular website, with returning visitors. You can say, I would like to make a family. A book writer and or reader family, and the members would read my books, give them good reviews, and it makes more people to buy the product, and rank my book on amazon kindle.

Any advice that you would like to give to other newbies considering becoming Indie authors?

I can’t give advices, because I’m a newbie to this either. Newbies don’t give newbies advices. They should come from professionals.

About You

Where did you grow up?

I grew up in Gyor, Hungary, in a family, with 3 children. It was a pain for me to even live within the house, all the noises, the and much more that were been there, it made me crazy. I had a rough childhood, I used to be the loser in the school, sitting on the back of the class, without talking to anyone. Fortunately, I got over my problem, and I’m starting to become more and more popular from day to day.

Where do you live now?

Still in the same house, but now I got used to the pain, noises and such, so I am living a great life now.

What would you like readers to know about you?

That I would sacrifice everything, all of my money, all the money in the world, all my free time, every single time in the world, to make a good book for them to read, and to make them be a part of a friendly family, with friendly environment. I just wish to make everything greatly. Maybe my first books won’t be so professional and such, but that’s because I am a newbie still. I have to grow up to the challenge, and make professional content. And that’s what I am trying to do!

End of Interview:

Get your copy of Dracula, The Werewolf from Amazon US or Amazon UK.



from The IndieView http://ift.tt/2knGQUn

No comments:

Post a Comment