Wednesday, April 11, 2018

An update & my travel favourites

If you’ve been following along on Instagram (I’m @hairromance 😉 ) then you might have seen my change in location.

I’m currently travelling on assignment for Mr & Mrs Romance with my husband Jim. We left Sydney last week and will be on the road for ages. We’re also catching up with some old friends along the way as we travel through the USA on our way to the UK. We’ll be based there for almost two months.

I’m still going to be posting new videos (I’m editing some right now!) and I’ll also be working as we go. I’d love to know if you have any travel-themed beauty questions or things you think I should try along the way.

Packing for this trip was a nightmare. I have one suitcase for 3 months and I had so much to do just before we went away. I finished packing in the early hours of the morning on the day we had to leave. When I got on that plane I had no issues falling asleep!

So I thought I’d share some of the products I’m very happy that I packed so far.

Beauty Faves

1. Tinted sunscreen

I have loved La Roche Posay sunscreens for a long time and I got a sample of their new dry touch formula before I left. If you have oily skin, you’ll love it. I still love the original formula as well, and if you have dry skin, that’s what I’d go for. It’s 50+ and has a light tint so I can wear it alone for a light makeup day. It’s also a great base for other makeup.

2. Matte powder

My skin is really oily and this Rimmel powder is an absolute bargain and really works to mattify my skin without being heavy or cakey.

3. Mascara

So many mascaras wear off my lashes and end up making me look like a panda. My friend Sonia (aka Sonia Styling) bought me this one and it’s so good that I’ve repurchased it. The wand is weird at first but now I love it.

Best of all, Priceline currently has 40% off these products as well as all their makeup – run, don’t walk!

Travel fashion faves

1. Comfy mid waist jeans

I always wore J Brand jeans but recently discovered these AG Jeans and I love them so much I bought them in 2 colours. They are super comfy and flattering and I packed both pairs for the trip. They sit a bit higher and have the right amount of stretch. Also the ankle crop is a perfect length for my short legs.

2. Cashmere wrap

Two years ago I bought this cashmere scarf and it’s the best thing ever. It’s massive, so can almost be a blanket, but it’s incredibly soft and light so rolls up into my handbag. It still looks brand new even after being used constantly. I thought it was expensive, but cost per wear is unbeatable and the quality is divine.

3. Noise cancelling headphones

Apart from my scarf, these headphones make long haul flights bearable. Even when I’m not watching a movie or listening to a podcast, I wear these for the whole flight. They cut out all that non-stop plane noise and make for a peaceful flight. I love these earbuds more than large headphones as you can sleep comfortably with them in. They also take up less space in my bag!

SALE ALERT:

I love the Shopbop sales and that’s when I bought all these products. Right now they are having a huge sale until April 14. Click here to shop now and make sure you use the code: EVENT18

Would you like to know what I regret travelling with as well? What other travel stories would you like to see?

The post An update & my travel favourites appeared first on Hair Romance.



from Hair Romance https://ift.tt/2HsKYOA

No comments:

Post a Comment