Thursday, September 29, 2016

Tips for braiding curly hair (plus a quick tutorial!)

Hair Romance - How to braid curly hair - hair tips and tutorials

If you’re new around here, you may not know how much I love braids. I even wrote a book about braids!

Normally I do most of my braid tutorials in straight hair as it’s easier to see the steps. It’s also easier to recreate the styles exactly when I’m shooting tutorials.

In real life, I wear my natural curls a lot and you’ll often find me wearing braids too. I like to wear a half-up braid style on day 2 or 3 while my curls look good out. After that, I will braid all my hair up into a Dutch braid or crown braid. This high crown braid is my favourite.

I can almost braid with my eyes closed now but it wasn’t always that way. I taught myself how to braid and started with simple styles like this. Keep practising until you feel comfortable with a style before trying a new one. Before you know it, you’ll have a whole hair-drobe of hairstyles you can do in minutes.

In today’s video, I share 5 quick tips for braiding curly hair and an easy tutorial for this half-up braid. And yes, that hairbrush is my microphone!

Hair Romance - How to braid curly hair - hair tips and tutorials

Tips for braiding curly hair (plus a quick tutorial!)

Click here if you can’t see the video

If you prefer to see a photo tutorial, this braid is similar to this half-up braid tutorial.

Hair Romance - How to braid curly hair - hair tips and tutorials

Hair Romance - How to braid curly hair - hair tips and tutorials

I really hope you enjoy these videos! I’m posting a new video every week now. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel to see new videos as soon as they’re live.

I’d love to hear your tricks for braiding curly hair or let me know if you have any video requests!

The post Tips for braiding curly hair (plus a quick tutorial!) appeared first on Hair Romance.



from Hair Romance http://ift.tt/2doG0C6

No comments:

Post a Comment