Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Should your eyebrows match your hair?

Eyebrows and hair colour - the rules - Hair Romance

Hair colour and eyebrow colour – should they match or what are the colour rules?

I'm answering your hair questions in my Hair Romance Good Hair Q&A series. These are going live on my YouTube channel first so make sure you click here to subscribe.

Today's question is about your eyebrows and your hair colour and how much they should match. It's a great question submitted by Donna over email and she asks:

"I have a question related to hair color. If you are changing your hair color, should you also get your eyebrows dyed the same color? Even with slight hair color variations I get a little self conscious that my eyebrows are not quite the same color."

Should your eyebrows match your hair? Hair Romance Good Hair Q&A series

Click here if you can't see the video above

In her question, Donna also asks if she's being too sensitive, but I don't think she is. It's nice to notice those details, though I wouldn't worry about your hair having to match your brows exactly.

Instagram has a lot to answer for when it comes to eyebrows, they really shouldn't be a trend. They should be the best natural shape that balances your face.

Eyebrow colour rules

I follow this rule:

  • Blondes – your eyebrows should be one to two shades darker than your hair
  • Brunettes – your eyebrows should be one to two shades lighter than your hair

This is just a universally flattering way for your eyebrows to be.

However the most flattering thing is really what your brows naturally are. You want to follow your brow and your skin natural colouring.

What the brow expert says:

I checked in with my brow guru, Lien Davies of Brow Confidence.

Lien has been doing my brows for the last five years and has become a great friend. I completely trust her with my brows and I don't let anyone else touch them. Oh, except for myself – she's taught me how to keep the shape while she is not seeing me.
Lien's advice is to keep your natural brow colour. This is what suits your complexion best and it doesn't need to match your hair.

If you're drastically changing your hair colour, you can tint your brows. Speak to your hairdresser to mix a custom colour. Don't try this at home!

Beware of bleaching your brows:

Bleaching can turn your brows slightly orange and will also mean that they will grow back unevenly, which can make them look sparse.

It might seem like a good idea at the time but it will cause a lot of problems over the next six to twelve months.

If you're looking for some eyebrow inspiration, definitely follow @browconfidence on Instagram for Lien's advice.

Have you ever changed your eyebrow colour? And what shade do you think your eyebrows should be compared to your hair colour? Or do you just leave them in their natural state?

The post Should your eyebrows match your hair? appeared first on Hair Romance.



from Hair Romance https://ift.tt/2G7SsJJ

No comments:

Post a Comment