Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Why We’re Releasing Our First New Course in 4 Years

About 4 years ago I released a course called Hacking the High Life.

The idea was to help individuals with online brands work with larger companies to create win/win scenarios that give exposure to the businesses, and cool experiences for the individual.

The course sold well, but wasn’t really perceived in the way I’d hoped it would be (it’s still available as part of Location Rebel).

At this time, I had a decision to make. Do I keep working on a new product every 6-12 months, or do I double down on what’s working the best and really focus on that?

I chose the latter, and went all in on Location Rebel.

And you know what? It was the best decision I ever could have made.

Location Rebel has become the premier course and community for anyone looking to build a business that gives them the freedom to work from anywhere in the world.

We have over 1500 members from over 40 different countries, and some of the best case studies I could ever ask for.

And the reason it’s been so successful is because of the decision to focus on that for the past few years.

However, now that Location Rebel has firmly established it’s reputation and we’re continuing to update it and grow the community – we realized there’s a huge subset of this audience that isn’t being served.

At it’s core, the fundamental goal of this site is to help people get more out of life. More fulfillment, more enjoyment, more community.

For many people that is going to come from building a business that gives you the freedom to do more.

But not everyone.

Many people here already have businesses, and others have no interest in having their own business.

However everyone wants to live a better life in one way or another – and I want to provide tools to help people do that, even the ones who aren’t pursuing travel or entrepreneurship.

So while the Location Rebel community will continue to be our flagship, it will continue to be updated, and frankly will continue to be my top priority – over the next 3-6 months we’re expanding to provide complimentary courses and products to everything we’ve already got.

And today marks the first foray into that.

Introducing: The Rebel’s Guide to Mastering Email

Every day I get at least a dozen horrible emails.

Often they’re full of spelling or grammar mistakes, they have no respect for me or my time, and they make big asks without establishing any kind of prior relationship.

For months our community manager Liz and I have been talking about this, and we finally decided to do something about it.

And that’s why we created this course.

It’s still very much in it’s infancy, and we’re considering this a beta launch.

We’re opening up the doors for 3 days to get anyone interested in joining inside, so that we can provide extra attention to them and their goals – while also getting feedback on how to improve the course for primetime.

I’m kind of going against online marketing 101 with this course.

Rule #1 of course creation: solve a painful problem.

The reality is I doubt any of you are kept up at night by your lack of compelling emails.

It’s probably not overly painful for you.

But I think part of that is because no one has really shined a light on that before.

I know first hand how powerful and life changing a compelling email can be, and I also know how brutal a poorly written email can be (especially if you don’t realize how bad it is).

And the hope is that you’ll start to get a sense of this as well.

You can join for the next 72 hours (until Friday, March 25th at 9am PDT), at which point we’ll close it down for a month or two to really polish it before opening it back up for good.

Check out: The Rebel’s Guide to Mastering Email.

I’m Excited…

When I think about what is going to happen with Location 180 and Location Rebel over the course of the next year, I get really excited. More so than I have been in a long time.

Because I finally feel like we have the momentum needed to push a lot of projects forward and make this community even stronger than it already is.

The first step was moving Location Rebel over to the Rainmaker Platform to allow us to help facilitate this growth.

Now this marks the second step in that journey, as we expand our reach (just a little bit), to serve more people.

There’s a lot more to come, and I can’t spill the beans on all of it just yet – but let’s just say I think you’re going to really dig where things are going. And I’ve definitely got some surprises that you probably won’t see coming.

One More BIG Thing…

Remember, you can join The Rebel’s Guide to Mastering Email for the next 3 days.

BUT, maybe there’s a chance you’ve been considering joining Location Rebel? Perhaps you’ve just been waiting for a little push to make it happen?

Well if you join Location Rebel in the next 3 days, we’ll give you our new email course for free.

And what’s even better, is you can still qualify for all of the bonuses we’re giving away with the sale. Oh yeah, I haven’t mentioned that yet have I? We have a bunch of cool bonuses for people who get down on this.

So if you’re ready to really commit to making changes in your life, you can join Location Rebel right here.



from Location 180 | Build a Business, Live Anywhere, Achieve Freedom http://ift.tt/1UiekSL

No comments:

Post a Comment