Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Behind the blog

Hair Romance - Christina

I’m in my 7th year of blogging now. That’s longer than high school and longer than any job I’ve ever had before.

I never knew blogging could be a job when I started and the landscape has changed so much in the last few years. You’d think in seven years I wouldn’t have anything more to say about hair, but in my drafts I have a backlog of posts that I’m finishing up at the moment. I can turn almost any real life conversation around to hair and hope I can keep talking about it here for a while longer.

Beyond hair, I also blog now with my husband, Jim, over at Mr & Mrs Romance. We just celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary yesterday too! Blogging has become a huge part of my life, and the best parts are connecting with you and the friendships I’ve made with readers and other bloggers.

Offline, blogging is one of my fave things to talk about but I realised I haven’t said much about it here.

Christina & Jim

I’ve never been one to talk myself up and I think that’s a pretty Australian quality. I admire Americans who can speak so confidently about their work. I tend to minimise a lot of what I do and I’m not great at celebrating the wins when they happen. I’m trying to change that.

One of my very good friends, Rachel Gadiel, has just started a brand new platform called Femme Boss (it’s gorgeous!) and I was honoured when she asked if she could interview me for her new podcast.

We chat about how I got started, how the business of blogging works, tipping points, managing the juggle and social media plus my thoughts on where blogging is going in the future.

So if you’d like to hear more, you can listen to my interview with Rachel here.

And why not subscribe to the new Femme Boss Podcast on iTunes here now! Leave Rach a review and tell her I sent you 🙂

Hair Romance - Christina and Jim

Would you like to see more from behind the scenes of the blog? I’m thinking of filming some tutorials on how I shoot and edit my photos and videos. Is there anything else you’d love to know more about?

The post Behind the blog appeared first on Hair Romance.



from Hair Romance http://ift.tt/2mGPzog

No comments:

Post a Comment