Sunday, August 12, 2018

10 tips to make your blowdry last longer

Some people love to get a facial or a massage.

For me, a blowdry is the best way to relax and look fantastic at the same time.

Nothing beats that fresh salon feeling and knowing it's a good hair day makes everything easier to face. I like to keep that good day hair feeling going as long as I can.

I've been known to stretch out a blowdry for an obscenely long time and here's how I do it.

How to make your blowdry (blowout) last for days

Click here if you can't see the video above

10 tips to make your blowdry last longer

1. Don't touch your hair

It's really important to keep your hands out of your hair if you want your hairstyle to last.

I find this almost impossible because I think my hair feels so nice once I've left the salon. Every time I feel my hand move to my hair, I remind myself that I'm transferring dirt and oil to my hair and that it won't last as long.

2. Wear your hair up at night

I never sleep with my hair down because I don't want it to get frizzy and tangled.

Instead I twist it up onto the top of my head – in a cross between a top knot and a French twist.

I like to use a clip to hold it in place because it doesn't leave marks in my hair but an invisibobble also does the job.

This tip also has a bonus of giving your roots great volume in the morning when you let your hair down!

3. Where you sleep is important

Switch out your regular cotton pillow case for a silk pillow case. I love Slip which you can find here or here.

Friction = frizz!

The silk fibres are gentler on your hair than cotton meaning there's reduced friction as you sleep so you'll see much less frizz in the morning.

4. Wear a shower cap

I know it's hardly glamorous but a shower cap does make a difference and will make your hair last longer.

Bringing a bit of glamour to your shower, Louvelle have gorgeous turban shower caps that you can find here or here.

5. Shorten your showers

Take a shorter cooler shower so that your hair isn't in a steamy environment for too long.

Steam will turn the smoothest blowdry into a frizzy mess so you want to get in and get out as quickly as possible.

6. Dry shampoo is your friend

You know I'm obsessed with dry shampoo and this product is my secret for making my blowdry last as long as possible.

As soon as you start to see any oily roots, a little dry shampoo will help your hairstyle to last longer. (USA friends, I love this one)

And if you don't like dry shampoo you might be making one of these dry shampoo mistakes.

7. Be careful how you brush your hair

Be gentle with your hair to make sure that you keep your hairstyle looking great as long as possible.

Personally I like to use a natural bristle brush like my Mason Pearson or this EcoTools brush is a great vegan alternative.

These types of bristles smooth your hair and distribute oils naturally to keeping your hair looking shiny for longer.

8. It's okay to re-style

Your hair isn't going to look perfect every day (unless you sleep sitting up!) so I take a round brush and my hair dryer to smooth out any sections around the front.

You can see how to re-style a blowdry in this tutorial.

9. Add in some curls

There will come a point where your waves aren't looking as good anymore and that's when you reach for your curling wand.

It goes a step further than a basic restyle and you can see exactly how I restyle my blowdry in this tutorial.

10. Braid it

Finally when your blowdry is on its last legs, a braid will save you from a bad hair day.

I can still get an extra day or two out of my hairstyle by adding in a little braid detail. And you can check out all my braid tutorials here.

Confession time:

I've made a blowdry last over a week in my hair. I think I may have made it to 11 days…!

Now tell me in the comments, how long have you made a blowdry last in your hair?

The post 10 tips to make your blowdry last longer appeared first on Hair Romance.



from Hair Romance https://ift.tt/2P0pmwv

No comments:

Post a Comment