Thursday, August 16, 2018

A fast hairstyle tutorial for messy hair

Need a hairstyle to fix your messy hair fast?

This Twist & Pin bun-hawk tutorial is a style you can do in any hair type – curly, wavy or straight.

But to be honest, it works better if your hair is messy, dirty and you're running late. (Which is me most of the time!)

I've shown you a version of this type of Twist & Pin hairstyle before but it was too neat. I wanted to demonstrate a hairstyle that I filmed in real time in my messy, morning hair.

In this tutorial, I haven't used any extra product. Though, to be fair, my hair has a lot of product from the days before so check out my tips at the end if you want more volume in your hair.

A fast hairstyle tutorial for messy hair – Bun-Hawk Video Tutorial

Click here if you can't see the video above

What you need:

  • Bobby pins
  • Small hair elastics (optional)

Step by step:

  1. Begin by working out how you want the front of your hair to look. I like to leave some pieces out to the sides and have a little bit of extra volume on top.
  2. Take a section on the top of your head and smooth out the top. Holding the hair in your right hand, twist the ends loosely with your left hand and curl it around into a little bun.
  3. Weave a bobby pin through the base of the bun to secure it against your head.
  4. Repeat to create a row of buns at the back of your head.
    Note: A trick to ensure you have enough hair for the buns below is to create a U-shape part underneath. This means you're taking more hair from the sides but leaving your hair at the back out.
  5. To even out the buns you can stretch at the sides before you pin them in place.
  6. For extra stability, you can take an extra bobby pin and connect the buns together to hold them in place.

Styling tips for extra volume:

If you've got fine hair or you want a really big bun hawk, here's what to do:

  • Use product before you style. This is my third day hair that's full of curl styling products and has been in a braid so it doesn't need any extra grip. But you might want to try some dry shampoo or a texture spray to create more volume in your hair before you begin.
  • Before creating the buns, use a small hair elastic to hold each section in place. This allows you to create tighter sections on the side and makes the bun-hawk look bigger too.
  • Tease each ponytail before twisting them around into a bun. I like to use a comb or a small backcombing brush. This will create a lot of extra height and texture in the bun-hawk.

What if I don't want more volume?

  • If you prefer neater finish, just do the opposite of the volume steps above.
  • I'd also recommend using hairspray to hold down any flyaways and tidy any frizz.

This bun-hawk hairstyle is comfortable to wear all day and I got quite a few compliments when I wore this.

Any style that saves me the time of washing my hair is my perfect hairstyle. It's a step up from a regular bun and you can style it to suit your mood.

I'd love to see this Twist & Pin style in your hair! Use the hashtag #hairromance on Instagram so I can see your version of the bun-hawk.

Have fun with your hair!

PS. Filmed on location at the Little Albion Guest House in Sydney

The post A fast hairstyle tutorial for messy hair appeared first on Hair Romance.



from Hair Romance https://ift.tt/2wa36aH

No comments:

Post a Comment